Monday, September 09, 2013

Sailing story

                         Sailing

My family and I  went off for a sailing adventure for the holidays. We were in Wellington but then we sailed to Christchurch. I wondered how long that is.  I sailed for about three hours and I ended up in a strong current and it blew me to Dunedin.  That took two and a half hours and after all that I ended up spewing in the water before I got to land. It looks like we have to stay here because of that catastrophe.   Well theres some cool places to go with my family.  We could go and see the whales and thats all I know that is in Dunedin.

It ended up that we stayed in Dunedin for one year till our yacht is finished getting bolt so we could sail back to Hastings.  The bit that  got broken is of the starboard side so that was boring but at least we got back nice this time.  That is the main thing. That was a big catastrophe because I went from Wellington to Dunedin that is long for a little yacht it teaches you to sail safe and make sure you sail where it is not too windy and not small and be confident and sail safe so this doesn't happen to you.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Kayla that is amazing sailing story you did. how did the starbord get brocken ? Did you have fun doing sailing at Wellington?
    Well done Kayla.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete